Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Random quip "In Plain Sight"

Quotes I like recently ....


I've collected quotes that I love for a long time now but recently I came across some new ones that have been rather inspiring so I thought I'd share. Then I decided to put a pin in that for a bit and go with this instead. I'm still learning and getting my head around "blogging", so please bare with me and my learning curve. Feel free to let me know what you think.


I discovered USA Networks' 'In Plain Sight' last season but I am enjoying this season even more. Each episode seems to have a whitty quips of dialog, something to ponder or think deeply about hidden in them. Tonight is the summer season finale but I recommend catching repeats if you can or checking out the website. These are just a few of my favs from recent episodes. Such as ...

Marshall - "Everyone has failures in life. Ultimately all of us fail. The Aquaducts of Rome will eventually fail. But who we are, the standards by which we're measured, lies in our response to those failures. My dad used to tell me, 'You don't fail until you quit.' I know its a cliche but its the best I got right now and its true."

Norman: "I'm sorry, I can't go from a guy who's never wrong to a guy who's never been right once. I'm just not that flexible."

Marshall: "(Some people) can't accept that Failure is a part of life. The most important part. It's the part that teaches us things and the part that hurts."

Brandi: "What does your loved one say is your greatest asset? And don't say my chest."

Marshall: "You want me to sugar-coat it or you want the truth?"
Brandi - "Can you sugar-coat the truth?"
Marshall - "I suppose not"

Mary - (Thinking to herself) "People talk too much. People think too much. We're all village idiots enamored with our shadows, oblivious to the setting sun."

"Families are like puzzles, they fit together in a certain way, and when one of the pieces are missing it throws everything off."

Mary - "I yearn for blind devotion - unthinking, unwavering - a cause, a thing, a principle worthy of absolute loyalty. A truth self-medicating, a love unabating, something - anything - to which I relinquish all personal responsibility. Semper Fi, 'Til Death Do Us Part', In Nomine Patris, Let's Go Mets. To the true believers, the lucky few, of thee I sing."

Peter - "Before I got sober, my life was a series of self-implosions. Everytime I got within sight of something I really wanted, I'd throw a landmine in my own path to make sure I never achieved it. And I just thing you need someone to help you avoid your own landmines. To help you believe you deserve some of those things you really want."

Mary - "I once dated a man who taught Quantam Physics. I learned two things that night.
The first being... if you ask a Quantam Physicist to explain how gravity works? Not, what it is? Not, how it behaves but how it works? He will first - talk himself in circles then wind up crying and finally sometime... between the entree and dessert, call you a b*tch and leave.

The second revelation came as I sat at the bar in morose solitude, pondering the cantilever relationship between the bartenders gut and lower extremities. and this important so pay attention!! Before the Big Bang. Before time itself. Before matter, energy or velocity, there existed a single immeasureable state called yearning. This is the special force that on a day before there were days ablitterated nothing into everything. It is the unseen strings tying planets to stars. It is the maddening want we feel from first breath to last light. "

No comments:

Post a Comment