Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 23, 2009

Sean's Update #8

Additonal Note since this Update - We found out on Saturday that Sean also has a Staph infection. So he's recovering from surgery, his blood infection, pneumonia & now a staph infection. They gave him antibiotics specific for his pneumonia and I spoke with his heart surgeon when I sat with him on Saturday. He said that his heart function tests looked really good so he thinks that now that the fluid and old scar tissue/clotting has been taken out and they get him past this most recent episode, he should be going back in the right direction (on the road to recovery we pray). He was also very encouraged by what's he's heard from the therapists at Triumph Hospital. He knows he has a big heart (literally & figureatively) & is a fighter so that made me feel better. Needless to say I continue to pray for his recovery and patience as some days it seems like 2 steps forward, 3 steps back. 

Thank you again to everyone for your continued love, support, encouragement, caring, prayers, positive thoughts and friendship to him and our whole family! I appreciate it more than I can say. It's hit home recently how precious each day & moment are and that life is way  too short! I'll explain more later that it's not just due to Sean's recent health crisis but the take home message is -  Tomorrow isn't promised and sometimes all we have are moments! Make the most of those moments, they're precious! Don't hesitate to tell those that you love & care about how much they mean to you & that you love them. I have a special favor to ask - Give yourself & your brother or sister a hug for me, since I can't hug mine at the moment.  Even though you may have your ups & downs (lord knows Sean & I have) and they know all the right buttons to push better than anyone else on the planet, he's still my big brother & I love him & I know that he has the best of intentions at heart for me.  I know that I needed a reminder and I definitely got that and then some. 

Take Care - Paulette

February 20th, 2009
This has been a very long day, we got a call at 2:00am from Triumph Hospital saying Sean had spiked a fever and they were sending him to the Emergency room at The Medical Center of Aurora again. Paul and I left at 2:30am got there pretty fast with no traffic. They had already put a breathing tube in him, had him sedated and ready to go back upstairs to the Critical Care Unit.  When the ER nurse called upstairs for a room, Dr Forrester the head ICU doctor said they only had one bed and couldn't take another patient.  When they told him it was Sean they moved someone out of ICU that was going to move later in the day anyway. See we were right, he needed to be in Aurora and have the ability to go back to his previous doctors and nurses to take excellent care of him if needed. They ran a million tests and still don't have complete answers because some of the cultures take a few days.

To make a very long day short he has pneumonia (we knew this could be a possibility), still has the blood infection, his kidneys are compromised again and his cardiac doctors performed another surgery taking a liter of fluid off the back of his heart. When we left him at 8:45pm he was holding his own, critical but stable.  He will be in the ICU until they can get a handle on the pneumonia and make sure the fluid is drained off his heart.

Remember when I told you the doctor at Triumph Hospital said not to get too excited on the good days or the bad days because there would be a lot of both in the days to come, I didn't think this was what he meant. 

Yesterday when I left Sean-I told him I was going home, I'd see him tomorrow and I loved him; he told me I love you back.  Words are not enough for how I felt last night.
 
 Again, thank you for keeping him in your prayers, being his friend and ours too. Life is way too short and days like today prove it over and over again.
 
 We are still packing up his apartment tomorrow and moving his belongs to storage in the Springs.
 
All our warmth, love and prayers,   
Andrea, Paul, Sean, Paulette & Delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment